TIME FOR SUMMER VACATION!!! Whether you’re relaxing on a beach, visiting a new city, or hiding out in the woods all summer, it’s important not to let go of your daily self-care routines. It’s always harder to get back on track than to stay on track in the first place. Although travel can certainly throw a lot of unknown variables in the mix, here are a few tricks to keep on track no matter where you spend your summer vacation.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure you drink plenty of water to help re-balance the system in spite of travels. The best way to do this is to keep a water bottle with you at all times and sip on it throughout the day.
- Travel with Food: Don’t let the good healthy eating habits you’ve maintained at home fall away when you’re traveling. Keep your regular healthy foods with you as a snack, that way even if you decide to indulge in something more decadent you’ll be inclined to eat less of it.
- Test your Sunblock: There’s nothing worse that having a new sunblock irritate you when you’re supposed to be out enjoying the sun! Be sure to try out any new products before your trip to make sure you don’t have any unwanted surprises.
- Protect your Skin from the Sun: Even if you love the sun, it’s important to remember that it is so hard on the skin. Be sure to wear SPF even on cloudy days, especially if you’re near water since the sun’s reflection can cause even more damage. Also, because it’s just as important as it is a chance to be summer chic, grab a nice, wide-brimmed hat and a good pair of UV-Ray blocking sunglasses.
- Keep up on Cleansing: Just because you’re on vacation doesn’t mean that acne and other skin irritants are. In fact, because of the travel, overexposure to sunlight, necessary SPF and almost inevitable dietary changes, your skin can become even more reactive and needs just as much, if not more attention than usual.
- Bring your Soothing Travel Kit!
Wherever you choose to spend your time away this summer, be sure to take the very best care of yourself; you deserve it!